This post is one in a series designed to help SME businesses benchmark their business and create a best practice business improvement plan across all of their business processes. You can find the links to the full series here.
What are the business benefits of implementing technology systems?
Successful businesses use technology to stay ahead of their competition, improve efficiency, drive growth and reduce costs. Any investment in technology requires careful consideration of current business plans and goals. There is no point investing in technology unless you have a clear business case to do so, it makes sense strategically with your business goals, and you can demonstrate a positive ROI.
Great technology systems will allow businesses to:
- improve communication with their clients/customers. Examples of this may be through better CRM or email marketing software
- improve efficiency through a reduction in manual processing of tasks and business automation
- provide better client/customer experiences, increasing brand loyalty and revenue
- undertake more effective sales and marketing programs.
How does your business measure up?
Review your business against this best practice benchmark now
BEST PRACTICE BENCHMARK: We have either implemented or have a plan to implement technology systems in those aspects of our business where there is a solid business case and alignment to our business strategy, including improved communications, increased efficiency and reduced costs. #technology #systems
Here’s a checklist to help you determine how well you are managing the effective use of technology systems in your business.
- We have an IT budget that we review yearly. It includes provision for day-to-day support, hardware replacement and investment in new technology
- Before investing in any technology we ask ourselves, “Is this in line with our business strategy?”
- All our technology investment decisions are based on getting a positive ROI
- We have clear examples of where our technology investment has improved team and client/customer communications
- We have clear examples of where our technology investment has improved our efficiency and reduced costs
About the SMART-Connect best practice IT Systems and Security advisor.
IT Systems and Security Specialist
Damien Battersby is founder and managing director of Proactive IT Solutions, an IT company focused on helping business owners improve their bottom line through best practice technology. Over the past 15 years, Damien has worked with hundreds of small and medium business owners helping them get the best from their business through better technology.
By focusing on the business strategy and taking a proactive approach, Damien offers more to his clients, maximizing their business performance through their IT systems. His clients enjoy less downtime, higher returns on technology investments and more profits.
Along with technology, Damien is also passionate about business and particularly what he calls ‘Client Experience’. The theory behind this is that by focusing on delivering a consistently awesome client experience, you will have more loyal clients who spend more and never question your pricing. This of course translates to a better bottom line. Damien believes that by choosing the right technology, maximizing client experience can be systemized enabling a repeatable best practice “Client Experience”.