What is a brand identity and why is it so important to my brand?
Your brand identity is everything that is communicated publicly to portray the personality of your organization, its products and services. It’s the feeling that someone has when they think about your product, service or company. Something to understand is that your brand is not simply a logo! A companies’ logo stands as an emblem for all that their brand encompasses.
Your brand is everything your customer or potential customer, your staff and your other stakeholders see, hear, feel, experience, believe and remember through all of these various channels.
- Customer Experience
- Staff – appearance and behaviour
How does your business measure up?
Review your business against this best practice benchmark now
Here’s a checklist to help you determine the strength of your brand identity
- We have a logo which reflects our brand and identity and resonates with our ideal clients.
- We have a website that reflects our brand identity, resonates with our ideal clients.
- We have a presence on any relevant social media channels that reflects our brand identity and resonates with our ideal clients
- All our marketing and advertising collateral reflects our brand identity and resonates with our ideal clients
- We have a fully documented style guide to ensure consistency across all of our marketing and advertising collateral.
- Our customer service practices reflect our brand identity.
- All client facing staff can be easily identified with our organisation and positively reflect our brand identify through both their appearance and actions.
- Our physical environment (e.g. office and reception space etc) reflects our brand identity.
- We review our brand identity on a regular basis – at least once every 12 months to ensure that it remains up to date and continues to resonate with our ideal clients.
About the SMART-Connect Best Practice Brand Design Advisor
Graphic and Industrial Design Specialist
Caroline is a passionate design professional with 20 years’ combined experience in visual communication, branding, art and design. She holds a Bachelor Degree with Honours in Technology – Industrial Design from Monash University.
Caroline started her career as a technical illustrator in the automotive sector, creating presentations and instruction manuals. These projects required both visual artistry and a close collaboration with stakeholders to produce clear and accurate design solutions.
Through her technical illustration work and ability to model designs in 3D, Caroline became a highly regarded design professional. She was employed by HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) and promoted to the position of Chief of Interior Design – Colour and Trim. Caroline’s key role was to develop the interior design and badge strategy for new vehicles. Her work has enjoyed wide renown, with successes which include the innovative design on the Monaro ‘Coupe’ series together with articles published in ‘Wheels’ and ‘Motor’ magazine.
Caroline’s design skills and ability to forecast future trends and design styles have become highly sought-after with demand for her work arising in areas outside the automotive and product design.